Monday, June 2, 2008

And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all~ 1st Thessalonians 5:14

Idle time is sometimes my enemy. I love when there is nothing scheduled and I get to do nothing. But, this is not always good for me. I hate when I just do nothing and I look around and see how many things I could have done. I mean not just cleaning, doing Jr. High stuff or even reading a good book; there is so much that I should be doing but sometimes I just don't want to. I bet all of you have had that feeling before too.

In this particular passage, the idle would be the undisciplined. The undisciplined man does not plan ahead and does not make the most of his opportunities. He has no self discipline that is mentioned as a fruit of the spirit. I am reminded of what is says in the end of 1st Corinthians 15. verse 58 says, "My beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. We must make sure that we do not give up, our work is not in vain."

I know it is very important to take time to rest, but if we abuse this we can become idle and we need to know that our work is not vain. This life is short and we need to make the best and most of it for our Lord. May you be encouraged to know that and it is ok to get some rest. God Bless and thank you for all that you do.

No comments:

Important info:

  • Mark your calendars for the Winter Retreat. The dates are March 13th through the 16th. In a few weeks I will be handing out the requests.

Prayer Request

  • If you have any prayer request please let me know
  • Pray for Liz of Wednesday night.
  • Pray for Liz's grandma who had a heart attack a few weeks ago.
  • Please keep Angela's father in your prayers
  • Pray for Alex to find a job.
  • Please continue to pray for my wife and the baby.