Wednesday, October 22, 2008

NYC update

Hello Everyone,

I came back from NYC last night and was exhausted. We came back and rushed to go to a training meeting dealing with the polls for Nov. 4th. I hope everyone had a great week and continue to have one.

I do not know if you had ever gone to NYC but it was really cool and different way of life there. This was my 2nd time going but the first time I was only 5 so I do not remember a whole lot. This was an experience for my wife and I and it was a little bit of a culture shock as well. Every where you go you engage in people. There are people above you in the buildings, a bunch of people on the streets, and people below you in the subways. With all these people you have different people groups. There were many tourist from Europe but you also have many different nationalites living in the city. Many different people from all over the world come to NYC. As I was thinking about it, this would be a great place for Paul to go to and preach the Gospel. He would have been so engaged in the people and this city that he would be able to share Christ with so many people.

In Acts 17 Paul went to 3 popular cities; Thessalonica, Berea, and Athens. Thessalonica was the capitol of Macedonia, Berea was 50 miles southwest of Thessalonica, and Athens was Athens was a lot further south of Berea. These were major cities with many different types of people around the world living in them. Rome had roads leading to these places, as Rome connected the world at that time Paul was able to spread the Gospel to the world. I was so blessed to be able hear Pastor Greg give a message in NYC with people from different parts of that area from New Jersey, to the Bronx, Harlem to Brooklyn, people came. May we desire the Gospel to spread in and be a light to a world that needs it.

No comments:

Important info:

  • Mark your calendars for the Winter Retreat. The dates are March 13th through the 16th. In a few weeks I will be handing out the requests.

Prayer Request

  • If you have any prayer request please let me know
  • Pray for Liz of Wednesday night.
  • Pray for Liz's grandma who had a heart attack a few weeks ago.
  • Please keep Angela's father in your prayers
  • Pray for Alex to find a job.
  • Please continue to pray for my wife and the baby.