Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Longing for Now

In todays pastor's meeting we were discussing the events that have taken place in California this month and how the Press-Enterprise had an article with 2 men getting married by a woman rabbi. As we were discussing this event as well as the allowing of homosexual marriages in California we were discussing what we thought the future was for America. As I was sitting there listening to the many great thoughts about this, I could not help but wonder what else will happen until the 2nd coming of Christ.

The Bible tells us that there will be birth pains leading up to this and Christ will be coming to establish his kingdom. As I was longing for that moment one of the other pastors said a profound statement. Despite everything that is going on we must stand firm in our faith. I realized that it was ok for me to long for the future and with Christ but also I need to face reality and say, "What can I do now." Just like Paul said, "To live is Christ and to die is gain." May I reflect Christ to a culture that is confused about who Christ is, and show love.

As we all are faced with family members who forsake after God's Word may we be strong by not compromising in what it says but also be loving at the same time. May we reflect on how Christ spoke to those who were rejected by the religous leaders. How he loved them but never compromised on what truth is. This has encouraged me to memorize more Scripture and try to be precise in how I communicate it. May my long for not only Christ return but long for Christ now in the lives of the lost. We may see a future of "Christian" compromising in certain areas because society has deemed it ok but may we never lose site of who really is our King. May we be ever strong in a culture that desires to forsake God.

God Bless,

PJ

No comments:

Important info:

  • Mark your calendars for the Winter Retreat. The dates are March 13th through the 16th. In a few weeks I will be handing out the requests.

Prayer Request

  • If you have any prayer request please let me know
  • Pray for Liz of Wednesday night.
  • Pray for Liz's grandma who had a heart attack a few weeks ago.
  • Please keep Angela's father in your prayers
  • Pray for Alex to find a job.
  • Please continue to pray for my wife and the baby.