Monday, July 28, 2008

Desiring God

So, whether you ear or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God- 1st Corinthians 10:31

There are certain things in life that I look forward to doing. One of those is eating. I love being able to sit down and enjoy a meal. To some that may seem like a mundane task but to me it allows me to stop in my present state and enjoy another persons company and enjoy the food that was prepared for me. I hate having to rush through a meal because there are many things that may consume my day so eating takes a back seat. What are some things that you enjoy and even long for? What do you look forward in your day? It could be a simple, I look forward to my morning coffee. I look forward to lunch- PB&J all the way. It could be I look forward for work to be over. All of these are reasonable things to look forward too.

Do you exercise these things with the mindset, I do it for God's glory? Now I know I may be comparing a materialistic view to a heavenly concept, but what if we look at what we long for like a meal, coffee, or whatever like it is desiring God's glory in your life. I need to always check my heart to make sure I am desiring my Christ, My Savior, and My King. I can easily idolize the gifts of this life like food and comfort and forsake the gift and true comfort I receive in Christ. I challenge you to check your heart like I try to and see how do you desire for the glory of the Lord in your life? We will truly find comfort when we desire after God. When life is tough, when things happen that you look at and say I can never go through that, when you are stretched God will show his manfistation to you.

God Bless,

PJ

No comments:

Important info:

  • Mark your calendars for the Winter Retreat. The dates are March 13th through the 16th. In a few weeks I will be handing out the requests.

Prayer Request

  • If you have any prayer request please let me know
  • Pray for Liz of Wednesday night.
  • Pray for Liz's grandma who had a heart attack a few weeks ago.
  • Please keep Angela's father in your prayers
  • Pray for Alex to find a job.
  • Please continue to pray for my wife and the baby.